Sunday, September 18, 2011

Priscilla in French Blue - A Dress Form Doll Story

French blue, otherwise known as periwinkle is one of my favorite colors! I've just finished my latest dress form doll using, what else, shades of pretty french blue papers and ribbon.

pretty "Priscilla"
I think I must have lived a past life during some romantic time. I love the frilly, full skirts of ages past.
pleated paper and ribbon
It's not considered very practical to wear something like this unless you happen to be on stage or going to a costume ball.

piles of pleats and ruffles
Thank heaven for art because I can create these to my heart's content! Looking at them is sometimes better than having the real thing don't you think?

a view from the back
I don't have to spend a fortune to have a pretty dream wardrobe plus I can appreciate it more on a body that isn't my own.

pretty paper roses, my signature design
This luscious doll is up for sale in the Kell Belle Boutique on Etsy. Visit me there for more details about this piece. Hope you like this as much as I do.


1 comment:

  1. Your work is amazing, i was on youtube stubbled upon one of your paper dress videos and it brought me here! Oh my! they are beautiful but can u make a tutorial on the Priscilla in French Blue - A Dress Form Doll Story, its so adorable

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie