Monday, August 1, 2011

Shabby Chic Vintage Dress Form Flapper

Ta da! My first shabby chic vintage dress form doll is finally finished. What better day to show her off than the official launch date of the Paper Wardrobe Project.

Shabby Chic Vintage Dress Form
The dress form is made entirely of paper using both paper machè and decoupage techniques.

Shabby Chic Vintage Dress Form
Wire was inserted through the length to create the stand which was then painted and shaved in places for a distressed look.
Shabby Chic Vintage Dress Form
Her drop waist dress is a double layer of gathered tissue paper with some loosely twisted silk ribbon tied with a big loopy bow and embellished with a spray of paper roses.

Shabby Chic Vintage Dress Form
Vintage lace and paper roses adorn the neck with just a little bit of gathered tulle added at the shoulders to give a hint of sleeve.

Shabby Chic Vintage Dress Form
The base of the stand is embellished with a hand made arrangement of paper roses. I love this doll and already have plans for the next one.



6 comments:

  1. OMG Kellie Girl!! This is a masterpiece! I adore how this came out, what an awesome piece you've created. It is nice to see more of your work again. And by the way, I do love your drawing and paintings as well. This little piece is just beautiful!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! So gorgeous! So delicate and elegant. Well done!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is adorable. All of your work is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such delicate work... It simply fabulous ...I think your having fun Kellie...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much girls. I LOVE this dress form and am working on more! You are right Zaa, I am having fun. (tee hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fit for a Fairy Queen... It's delightful... HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie