Saturday, November 26, 2011

Paper Couture XVII: Pocahontas Double Bonus

Paper couture is giving you a Pocahontas double bonus this month. For those of you not brave enough to try out the one shouldered dress you can use Pocahontas 1.

Pocahontas 1 print size is 5" x 7"
I encourage you to challenge yourselves a little bit and try out Pocahontas 2. There are a couple of things to be aware of when using this template which are discussed in the video so be sure to check it out.

Pocahontas 2 print size is 5" x 7"
The video tutorial below does not show you how to cover the pieces so if you missed that or need a refresher, please refer to the Basic Tank video. A link to that instruction can be found in the left sidebar.


Thanks for joining me! I hope you enjoyed this and as always, if you create this dress, feel free to leave a comment on this post with a link to your work so I can have a peek!

5 comments:

  1. Well you amazed me again:) Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems my previous attempt to comment was swallowed hole by the blogspot gremlins :-(

    This is a great way to get around the sleeveless challenge and I love the fringe idea.

    If it's not too presumptuous of me, I would suggest adding the fringe on the inside of both pieces before covering them. Same for the anchoring of the shoulder strap to the front piece. Do you think that would work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. azteclady,

    Both of your suggestions are viable ones and ones I have considered before. The only problem with gluing the fringe and strap on to pieces while covering is that you could run into cutting challenges when you cover the other side of the piece.

    It's a great idea. Feel free to explore that on your own and let me know how it works out. If you find a clever, easy way to get around the cutting challenge let me know and I'll happily share your idea with the readers.

    Thank you so much for the suggestion. I totally love it!

    xoxo
    ~Kell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kell I just wanted to say I'm blown away by your designs and tutorials. I've never seen this before and now after seeing your miniature surprises I'm hooked! Am I ok to save and use your templates so I can give it a go please. Truly inspired, jamie-leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie-leigh,

      Absolutely, you are welcome to save the templates. They are free for your personal use. Enjoy and happy holidays. :)

      Kellie

      Delete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie