Monday, January 6, 2014

The Whipped Facial Butter Experience

Well, I did it. I made the most heavenly facial butter that mirrors the qualities of butter in nearly every way except the edible one. It's got a whipped frosting like consistency and literally melts the second it comes in contact with my fingers. The carrier oils used are very light, non greasy and absorb into the skin ever so nicely. If I do say so myself, this cream is nothing short of luxurious.

whipped facial butter wrinkle cream for mature skin
I learned a few things along the way. I only had about 75% of the shea butter needed to meet the requirements of my recipe so I substituted cocoa butter to make up the difference. My essential oil blend contains sweet orange and with the addition of the cocoa butter this cream smells like orange chocolate. The geranium essential oil gives this blend some slightly rosy undertones too. So pretty!

I used 4 ounces of carrier oils but after all the whipping and beating that went on, the recipe swelled up to yield about 6 ounces of cream, by volume of course. I will try this recipe again making sure I have enough of the ingredients first. Overall, I think this cream is a raging success. This is truly the most decadent body butter I've ever used and it doesn't contain all the chemicals found in commercially made products.

The next thing I'll do is test out my recipe to see how well it works. Reputable sources say not to expect noticeable results for at least 30 days. I'll take a before picture so I can see where I've come from in comparison to how I look at the end of 30 days. The facial butter wrinkle cream will be offered for sale in my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kellie,
    I found your Blog sometime last year,
    and I COULD NOT BELIEVE my eyes!!!!!! The most BEAUTIFUL creations of paper I have ever seen!!!!!
    I Love paper and what different Artists do with it! But I must say that your Creations have brought a lot of JOY to me!!!!!
    Thank you for showing what you make and especially the tutorials and freebies you offer!!!!!
    Again, your paper designs are AMAZING, and I enjoy each and everyone!!!!
    (At 53, I still have never gotten too old for DOLLS!!!!!!)
    Truly "eye candy" for me!
    Beth Boothe

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie