Sunday, April 17, 2011

Acrylic Painting Tips #1

Now that I've been painting for a couple of months, I am able to begin offering some tips for painting with acrylic paint. One of the biggest reasons for using acrylic is its fast drying time. Unfortunately the fast drying time is also acrylic's greatest pitfall.


 So, how do you keep your paint wet during a painting session? I found an incredible product called Sta-Wet sponges and pallet paper.


I had been using the pallet paper but overlooked the instructions for its proper use until I purchased the sponges and discovered the instructions for the sponges also included instructions for the sta-wet paper and vice versa. Go figure!



After preparing my paper and my sponge I put both products to the test and to my amazement, the paint stayed wet throughout my painting session! I even left the pallet with the paint on my table overnight. The paint remained wet and pliable even after several hours. I'll be using this stuff forever. What a god send!


If you've tried it, let me know what you think, if you haven't tried it and you use acrylic paint for long periods of time, I highly recommend this stuff. You're gonna be hooked! (tee hee :)

1 comment:

  1. Well thanks for the recommendation. I have never heard of this product. I must check it out. Thanks Hun!!!
    Have a great week!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie