Friday, July 22, 2011

Serafina Mixed Media Gypsy Mermaid

Gypsy mermaid sounds intriguing enough. What might she look like? I thought I would give a sneak peek of Serafina, my very own mixed media gypsy mermaid in progress.


I've spent weeks working on her and loving the results so far. Here's a bit of trivia for you. Serafina's top was originally a flat piece of fabric. My father suggested that I create something more dimensional.


Art directed by my own father! Can you imagine? That little tip shaped the direction of the entire painting for the better and Serafina became a gypsy mermaid.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for postins this ,Kellie! She's beautiful. I'm making a costume for the renessance festival In our area and the idea is mermaid inspired gypsy!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie