Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Reinventing the Catholic Schoolgirl

I volunteered to donate one of my dress form dolls to a charity auction coming up next month for a private Catholic school. The only question now is how will I design it? A pleated paper skirt in a plaid pattern is a must but I'm conflicted about what to do for the top.

pattern from Karen's Variety
I'm not particularly wild about the whole catholic schoolgirl look because it's too plain and rightly so. I like the neckline of the green polka dot dress above which I could combined with capped sleeves like the dress shown in front.

Catherine Cottage (site in Japanese)
Here's another possible look for the neckline that I think is very very cute. I could somehow mix and match elements from each dress that I like to make it my own. It will be interesting to see how this evolves. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie