Monday, September 16, 2013

Tinted Vintage Spice Bottle

I finally figured out how to use my Pebeo Vitrail glass paints in a way that doesn't require me to use a paint brush or cheap glue to achieve that beautifully clear, waterproof and streak free finish. It took a bit of trial and error to get the paint to do what I wanted it to do but it was worth it. This is a little vintage spice bottle that I hand tinted using my new method.
tinted vintage spice bottle - see more views in the boutique
Using some public domain imagery and some imagination I turned this into a perfume bottle with a label and a tag. To waterproof my labels I dip them in wax and collage them onto my glass using decoupage gel. The wax deepens the printed color and gives the label a translucent look that I really like.
vintage apothecary bottle
This concept lends itself very well to ideas like Halloween bottles that could be filled with little treats. We could even get a more arty look to this by turning it into a specimen jar and adding some paper flowers to it. I might just have to explore a few of those ideas. Don't you just LOVE art?!


1 comment:

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie