Sunday, June 26, 2011

Karla Nathan's Mini Dress Forms

During an image search for a simple line drawing of a dress form I recently came across Karla Nathan's Mini Dress Form Workshop. One look at the dress forms created by her and her students and I was hooked! I had to know how to make them for myself.

Dress Forms by Karla Nathan

This workshop is only $15 and you will be amazed at how easy these are to create using items you probably already have around the house. The dress forms lend themselves so well to a variety of mediums including paint, paper machè, wall paper, fabric, vintage baubles, old books and crepe paper to name a few.

Incredible Student Work

Imagine the possibility for paper dresses of all kinds. A few words that come to mind to help spark some ideas might be fairy tale couture, Marie Antoinette, or vintage vogue. Really, the sky's the limit. Enjoy!

All images associated with this post remain the copyrighted, intellectual property of Karla Nathan.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful examples of a wonderful art form! Love the dress forms!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, interesting post. I'm currently dressing a little dress form after 1st painting it. I've had it for years but never liked the fabric it's covered in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EllenaElizabeth,

      I would love to see your dress form when you get done with it or even now if you have photos of your progress. I don't currently own a dress form but it would be a great craft room decor piece. Thanks for your note. I appreciate the visit. Wishing you a happy Friday!

      xoxo
      Kellie

      Delete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie