Monday, October 1, 2012

Corset Couture: Tattered Alice

The blossoming young Alice comes of age to seduce the world in ravishing corset couture style. She wanted to be different, to break out of the mold and so she became a little slice of tattered, paper mache heaven.
Tattered Alice paper mache corset front view
In pursuit of an arty, more antique and aged look to my work, I did something quite a bit different with this corset. Alice is entirely hand sculpted using torn paper, cheese cloth and lacy fabric.  Isn't she just divinely imperfect?!

tattered Alice paper mache corset back view
For me, the Alice corset is about breaking out of old habits. She represents pushing beyond perfect symmetry, and embracing uncertainty. She is a liberating first work of many more like her to come.


6 comments:

  1. lovely!! I´ll share on my fb page
    kisses
    Rosana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosana! I'm glad you like it. :)

      Kellie

      Delete
  2. I love this. Give us a clue on how you got the shape to start the corset. I so want to try and have a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,

      Thank you so much for the comment. I may offer a tutorial at some point but it won't be for awhile until I am able to give myself time to work with the technique first.

      Cheers!
      ~Kellie

      Delete
  3. Hi Kellie
    I am so excited that you may do a tutorial. I have tried but oh dear it was a disaster. I have tried most of your corsets now and am loving them. I have had a few people ask me to show them how to make them so I told them to watch your fantastic you tube videos and have a look at your inspiring blog. I have no intention on selling them as I only ever make for either myself or for gifts for family and friends. Keep these lovely ideas coming and I'm keeping everything crossed that you will do a tutorial for this technique.
    Thanks
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,

      You made my day with your comments today. What awesome feedback, thank you! :) No worries about selling your original work made with my templates. It's okay for you to do that if you want to.

      Before I teach, I just want to make sure I like the direction I'm headed in since this is a new technique for me. So far it's working out great.

      Thanks again for popping in.

      xoxo
      ~Kellie

      Delete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie