Friday, November 30, 2012

Corset Diaries and Sugar Plum Fairies


I have a friend who made a suggestion for December's corset which included something red with fur. Hmm . . . I did ponder it for awhile and while the "Santa Baby" look could have worked, I've decided to go with something more elegant.

The National Ballet of Canada
Feathery, light, a magical delight, what would Christmas be without the appearance of something Nutcracker-ish in our corset diaries? December's corset inspiration comes directly from the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies.

sugar plum fairy costume
I can see this corset with lots of torn, papers for that gorgeous, flared tutu. Perhaps even a bit of feather could go up underneath it just to give it that extra airiness. November's corset is on the craft table this weekend so look for your template and video in the next few days. :)

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it. One of these days, I must try making one of your beautiful corsets, Kellie. There's always so much to do and only so many hours in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok,so if this is what you are going with,I can understand staying away from the fur trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love where you are going with this one.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie