Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Vintage Ephemera Freebie

Speaking of public domain, I was recently introduced to Ackermann's Repository which was a British periodical published from 1809 to 1829. It contains beautiful illustrations some of which I hope to present to you in the near future.

vintage ephemera freebie - no collage sheets please
click to download at full size
In the meantime, this is a portion of text extracted from one of the volumes. I have cropped it, distressed the edges to give it an aged look, added text and changed the color. I'll be using this in a couple of projects later this week but feel free to grab a copy of it now.

page from Ackermann's Repository
The unaltered text as it originally appeared in the Ackermann's Repository appears above. This is yours to alter and do with as you please. Idea: text is great to cut your corset templates from or for adding layering effects in collage projects. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you have aged it! Thank you for the copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucile. I really like it too. Hope you'll be able to put it to good use. I would love to see what you do with it. :)

      Hugs!
      Kellie

      Delete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie