Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Absinthe and Old Lace for March

Imagining absinthe and old lace conjures up all kinds of images and possible story lines. Now that my designs have evolved into something a little more dimensional I wanted to visit the burlesque idea again for March's paper corset project.
steampunk burlesque via Glamtastik on Etsy
The colors are nowhere near what I'll be using but the design was too tempting for me to pass up. Since it is the season of all things green we will create something with a lighter, spring feel to it and perhaps add bit of botanical flair. :)

Note: The original photo has been edited. The background and much of the skirt was deleted to focus on the elements most appropriate to this post. 


5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I can't see myself wearing it (chuckle) but it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucille,

      Haha! I can't imagine myself wearing it either but I sure love looking at it. Thanks for popping over today. :)

      xoxo
      ~Kellie

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful....! Wish I could wear it. Ha
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, found your blog and videos 2 days ago. Sorry did not put in a comment right away, was to busy working on one of your templates :) .
    Your art is amazing and as tempting to me as a box of chocolate ( and believe me thats bad in a very very good way).
    I was looking in your etsy shop for maybe instructions how to make the "boobies" lol. Heard on one of the videos you wanna keep secrets, so right you are. Tho I keep hoping for one day a video with a tutorial on that lol. Thank you for your generosity and sharing those beautiful templates. You Rock!!!
    Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea,

      I do plan to create a tutorial for making the paper mache corsets. I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. When I get closer to having something available I will announce on YouTube and my blog. Thank you so much for popping over. :)

      xo
      ~Kellie

      Delete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie