Friday, February 8, 2013

The Ostentatious Snowflake Corset

Miss January was a rather ostentatious sprite to deal with. She made it very clear that her presence here is entirely her own idea which is why it took her so darn long to make her appearance. Now that she has emerged we would almost rather she disappeared, back from whence she came.


You know the type. Those clean, crisp lines that ooze with polished sophistication. She knows it, you know it and yet she still feels the need to antagonize us with her uppity inclinations. We wanted to be her once, to feel what it might be like to walk in her shoes even if for just one day but we looked the other way pretending she meant nothing.


She does mean something. She has awakened something within us that begs for our attention. That ostentatious part of us we buried long ago now stands before us demanding nothing more than our acknowledgement and love. Thank her for being part of you and watch her melt into the pure positive light she is.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous!! Your work is always so magical
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ridiculously happy to have stumbled across your inspiring blog! Your work is enchanting and I am delighted to see that, although our work is very different, you share my love for detail.

    I see you have some sweet mini clothes hangers tutorials and I thank you for that. Because I make (and sell) many doll's clothes, etc. I may well be making some of these... and linking to you if needs be, of course!

    Warmest greetings from France.

    Stephanie, your most recent follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. please oh please show us how to make your paper mache dress forms. I would love to recreate this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi doll,

      Indeed I will be creating a tutorial. I just need to figure out how to offer it. I'll probably create some DVD tutorials or something. Thanks for asking. :)

      Cheers!
      ~Kellie

      Delete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie