Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Marie Antoinette Meets Steampunk

I was thinking about a steampunk theme for the July corset but then here we go again with the brown. Don't get me wrong, I love the color brown, I just seem to be having difficulty creating my corsets in that color. It's either that or I just haven't found the right paper yet which is probably the most likely.

via MeschantesCorsetry on Etsy
What I like about this steampunk corset is that skirt. It's sort of plain at the top and then has little pleats around the bottom which is pretty cute. The other thing I like about this style is that it would be kind of a relief to do something that isn't so flowery and frilly.

Marie Antoinette movie - pink-yellow dress
Then there's Marie Antoinette. I really want to do something in this yummy magenta and yellow. It's doable. I can see the corset in that pale, creamy yellow with a little pleated skirt in pink or should it be turquoise for summer? Hmmm . . .  There's a thought. Should be an interesting combination at any rate.

1 comment:

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie